- Fighting the Colonoscopy Fear Factor June 1, 2020Continue Reading
Colorectal Cancer awareness could save your life.
As one of the country’s most preventable illnesses, with a readily available test that is both diagnostic and therapeutic, why does colorectal cancer (CRC) stubbornly remain ...
- Kombucha, Kimchi and More May 1, 2020Continue Reading
Nutrition Health Spotlight: Kombucha, Kimchi and More
Researchers continue to examine the trillions ...
- Pet Therapy: The Healing Power of Dogs April 1, 2020Continue Reading
Unleashed: The Healing Power of Dogs
“Who rescued whom?”
They’re already considered best friends, trusty companions and beloved members of the family. Now add to the dog’s list of accomplishments, ...
- Are Plant Based Burgers Really Healthier? March 1, 2020Continue Reading
Examining Plant Based Burgers as Meat Alternatives
- Headaches – Types and Remedies February 1, 2020Continue Reading
Oh, My Aching Head
A dull pressure, a sharp pain, an uncomfortable pounding, a vise-like sensation – all can signal the start of a headache. A painful part of the human condition ...
- Antibiotics Awareness is Good for Your Health January 16, 2020Continue Reading
Spurred by Alexander Fleming’s serendipitous discovery of penicillin in 1928, antibiotics have rightfully become wonder drugs, often able to change the course of deadly bacterial infections in a matter of days. ...
- Alcohol Affects Women Differently than Men December 2, 2019Continue Reading
The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-Neutral
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass ...
- When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? November 26, 2019Continue Reading
Life’s Happiness Continuum
Is there a predetermined peak age for happiness, before which our normal outlook is gloomy and melancholy and after which we slump ...
- Manage Prescription Drugs Effectively November 26, 2019Continue Reading
Managing Prescription Drugs: From Pickup to Take Back
If you are not taking your prescription medications as directed (or at all), you’re far from alone. Compliance is estimated at just 50% among U.S. patients. Unfortunately, adherence is a direct impact ...
- Kidney Stones: Treatment & Prevention September 4, 2019Continue Reading
This Too Shall Pass: Treating and Preventing Kidney Stones
More common, frequently less painful and ...